Playlist


Friday, January 30, 2009

WE DID IT!!

Well after 2 years and 4 months we decided it was time to get rid of the "BINK". Chris and I had no clue how this was going to happen, and if Daxton survived we were not sure we were going to. It all started one day when he wanted a MR Potato Head. I was not going to buy him ANOTHER one so I told him if he would go home and throw ALL of his binks away then he could have it. He thought long and hard then I said "okay is it Mr Potato Head or the Bink's" he said MR Potato Head. I was shocked to say the least. When we got home I had him gather all of the Binks and then we thru them in the Garbage and we haven't seen then since.
Dax was so proud of himself as was I proud of him, although it was a very long week for both Dax and us, we did manage and we are now BINK FREE!!

This is Dax getting ready to throw his Bink away...
And this is actually what happened!
I still can not believe that they are gone.
There are a few days that I would LOVE to have them back.

5 comments:

d.r. gib said...

YEAH!! The first couple days are hard, then it is like he never used one. Good idea on the Mr Potato Head bribe. I am a firm believer of bribes and threats.

Amy said...

Congratulations!! That is such a big step. He's such a big boy for making the decision on his own! I'm so impressed!! Way to go!

Sarah said...

Congratulations! I'm glad to hear that it wasn't too traumatic for Dax, since I am dreading the "give up bink" day myself. It must be nice not to always be searching for a bink when you need one, though. Where do those little things disappear to? I swear we will be finding binks around the house many years from now. :)

Marie said...

Hooray! We haven't seen you forever and miss you guys tons! At least I can blog stalk you! :)

SHIPP said...

Congrats on the accomplishments. Who knew those pieces of plastic would be so hard to get rid of.